HPA AXIS DYSFUNCTION
- Lack of Sleep (Tired & Wired)
- Metabolic Changes
- Loss of Libido
- Low Energy/Poor Focus
- Poor Mood
HPA Axis Dysfunction has become a very prominent issue in today’s society…The HPA axis are hormone secreting glands…
- H: Hypothalamus
- P: Pituitary gland in the brain
- A: Adrenal glands that sit on the kidneys
These are important for releasing the right amount of hormones in stressful situations so you have the energy to adapt to the situation at hand.
When we are chronically over stressed, we begin to experience HPA Axis dysfunction. Are you the person who feels like they have to have 10 cups of coffee per day? 2 scoops of a per-workout supplement just to train? Sleep is broken? This could be you. How do you stop it?
- Begin to slowly lower you caffeine intake-no more than one cup of coffee daily
- Eat whole minimally processed foods 80% of the time & build awareness around your nutrition—also NO FAD DIETS
- Emphasize sleep—have a sleep routine that you follow that gets you ready for bed (dim lights, reading, deep breathing, no phone 30-45 mins before bed)
- Relax—meditation, mindfulness practices and just doing things you enjoy
- Don’t drastically cut carbs (eat them!)
Are you stuck in this rut? Need help pulling yourself out? Apply for a free coaching call at www.kaylimontoyafitness.weebly.com. I’m always happy to help. You can also follow me on Facebook, IG or YouTube for tons of free info daily!