Wanna lose body fat??
How much are you eating currently?
Many people are under eating, while still maintaining or even gaining weight. Rough spot to be in. And if your goal is dropping body fat, one of the hardest things to hear is: “You shouldn’t diet right now.”
If you’re eating your bodyweight x 10-12 in calories per day and maintaining/gaining, don’t drop calories lower. It’ll be harder to keep weight off in the long-term.
Shift your focus to building healthier nutrition and lifestyle habits, and your body will change without the negatives of an extremely low calorie diet.
If the above is you, here’s what to do:
- Get strong at compound movements. Deadlifts, lunges, squats, pull-ups, overhead presses, etc.
- Preform these 3-4x/week in a good workout program. Focus on adding either weight or reps every time you repeat a movement. This will increase your metabolism
- Eat more protein. If you weren’t getting enough protein, this will help you build more metabolism boosting strength and muscle. Protein also takes more calories/energy for your body to digest than the other macronutrients.
- Averaging .8-1 g/lb bodyweight per day is recommended
- Move. Many people with “slow metabolisms” actually just move less. Less fidgeting type movements. Settings a step goal helps counteract this. It you’re doing lots of moderate intensity cardio, slowly scale back in favor of more walking.
- 8k-10k steps per day
- Track your food. Again, don’t try to decrease calories. Focus on eating more nutrient dense foods and tracking consistently. As you make these changes, you notice you can gradually eat more and more while still seeing progress.One of my favorite things to do is helping people change their bodies without cutting calories.
If the above is you, shoot me a message, I’d love to help! You can also follow me on Facebook and IG for tons of free advice. You can also apply for a free coaching call at www.kaylimontoyafitness.weebly.com. Information is at your fingertips. Are you ready to make the change?